19th and 20th of september

The Heritage Days

A LITTLE HISTORY: 

It is in 1806 thatNapoleon restores and organizes the National stud farms. That of Saint-Lo is installed at the time in the old abbey Ste Cross (Normandy).The final Stud farm will be created in 1886 on the current site and it extended then on 7.5 ha.This deposit of standards whose manpower will grow regularly, will reach its apogee in 1912with 422 standards. Destroyed partly by thebombardments of June 6th, 1944, it will be rebuilt (stable 7 and 8) and will be prolonged on3.5 ha with careers and residences. From now on it is just with the site of the Pole Hippqiuede Saint , infrastructures which extend on 35hectares. 

ANIMATIONS: 

  • Visit of the stud farmand the museum (visits free of 14:00 to 18:00 saturdays and sunday)
  • Visits horse-gear, of itsplatforms and its frame (it is Eiffel whichaccording to the legend would have built it).
  • Demonstrations of attachment 
  •  Demonstration of the work ofmarshal shoeing by Dominique Pillon in theforging mill of the stud farm (on the left of theentry). 
  • Video showroom
  • Ponies initiations

Free entry on all the site all the weekend.

INFORMATIONS: Horse pole of Saint-Lo 02 3377 88 66 www.polehippiquestlo.fr 

Tourist office of Saint-Lo Agglo 02 14 29 00 17

▲ Haut de page ▲